Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Second Makeover


So this day turned out to be a mixture of good and bad. . .



I had my second life time make over and was SO thrilled! The makeover was by Beth Boye, a person very well known in the TG community. She owns a local beauty salon called Salon Muse and often travels to TG conferences and the like.
Anyway, she brought out a short haired wig and said "let's try this!"
I've never really been big on short hair, but I nodded and said "OK" just to be polite, all the while thinking "yeah, yeah, let's get this out of the way and get back to the long pretty hair."
You just can't imagine the shock that I felt when I looked into the mirror and LOVED it!
Needless to say, the new hair went home with me. So now thanks to Beth, I had a new make over, new hair, and a new look that I adore!

OK, that was good part . . .


So I go out that night and have a pretty good time. Everyone is gushing over my new look and I myself am thrilled to death, but eventually the night draws to a close and its time to head for the hotel that I have rented so that I wont have far to drive with a few drinks in me. I had skipped dinner (sort of a guilt thing trying to get that girlish figure) and so I decide to stop at Whataburger for something to eat.
No exaggerating, there were only four cars in front of me and in 20 minutes they had not moved at all. If they couldnt service one customer in over 20 minutes, I could only imagine how long it was gonna take them to get to me. Eventually I decided that I'd had enough and attempted to leave by driving over the curb in my truck. This was when I found out that it was not a small curb, but a curb with a 1 foot drop on the other side. I discovered this the hard way when I found my truck high centered, rear wheels spinning, and four cars behind me with honking horns. I recall one person shouting something about "stupid red neck bi$%#!" and I of course kept my mouth shut as I had just clearly proven her point for her.
So there I am, truck high centered, rear wheel smoking when I tried to back up, and up walks the young man from the truck behind me. He asked which tire was spinning and I told him I didn't have the foggiest clue.
Of course at this point I had already tried to get my car loose with no success and was close to tears. He said "No problem" and started jumping up and down on my bumper telling me to try and back it up. This did not work. At that point I was a nervous wreck!
He said "No problem sweetheart" and went back to his truck where he got a tow strap, connected his truck and mine, and told me to try and back up with him. And oh yeah, "Don't hit my truck" he told me.
It took several tries, with screaming tires and white smoke everywhere, but he DID get my car loose.
I didn't know what to do. I wanted to hug him and tell him he was my hero, but I also knew that the more I interacted with him, the more likely it was that he was going to peg me and freak.
In the long run, I got to the window and told the clerk that I was buying breakfast for the two cars behind me. . .

Now think about this. While not drunk, I DID have a few drinks in me and I'd just blocked and halted a working business - all of this while cross dressed. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out I was only moments away from spending the night in jail if these guys hadn't helped me get the truck out. Talk about SCARED!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw, I'm glad it worked out for you! Knowing that this was a few years ago and everything probably turned out ok, I did have to laugh a little at the "stupid red neck bi$%#!" part, but only because on top of being a crossdresser I'm a Virginian and proud southerner myself :)

    It looks like the makeover was great also! I love the shorter wig on you.

    -Alexis Kennedy
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002050411994

    ReplyDelete