Friday, July 13, 2007

Indianapolis


OK, so made the drive down from Peoria to Indianapolis where I took these pictures:




I met up with Gina and we did dinner at English Ivy. This has become a bit of a tradition with us. :-)





Afterword, we checked out a few places, found most dead, and then wound up at The Metro where we played pool.

The next night, I saw "Trasnformers" and thought it was great. It started off very serious and then turned a bit silly, but hey, I expected this. Checking out the makeup and hair before heading into the theater, I got a real good laugh. See, I haven't been really happy with the tint of any of the foundation powders I've found so far. They are either too pink or not pink enough, so I decided to try mixing two. What I had not noticed, was that the pink I had mixed in had a significant component of glitter. In normal light, this is no problem, but in bright sunlight my entire face just glittered and sparkled like a disco ball! It was a bit over the top, but what the hell, so am I, so I headed out! :-)

I followed up the movie by going to the Metro again where they were doing karaoke. I've got to tell
you, I've been to a few Karaoke bars, but I've never seen anything like this! Most of the time 95% of the singers suck, 4% can be tolerated (here is the group I fall into), and 1% are really good. Here it was just the opposite- the majority were truly awesome singers, I'm talking chills up and down your spine. I got up three times - didn't wow anyone but I also didn't make a complete ass outta myself so it's all good! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment