Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chicago


So today I flew to Chicago for work.
I started today off feeling fairly confident, but for some reason my confidence fled as the day progressed. One of the down sides of traveling “dressed” is that there is no “out”. If your confidence falters, or you change your mind, that’s entirely too bad – you are stuck until you get where your going.

As usual, I got ready and took a few pictures at home before heading for the airport.
I rather like the one sitting on the steps. The only down side is it shows the awful bruises on my leg – ugly, ugly, ugly.
As I checked in at the airport, the lady behind the Delta counter once again recognized and greeted me warmly.
Later, as I’m taking my shoes off and putting them in the bins to go through the X-ray machine, one of the TSA guys calls to me from about 15 feet away.
“Hey rock star! Your on the road again huh?”
“You betcha!” I replied.
“You must feel like you spend all of your time in the airport,” he said with a smile.
“You know, sometimes I feel like I live here.” I told him. We both laughed and I continued on. The odd thing is, I had never interacted with this man before, but clearly he had noticed me on my many trips.

As usual, I had two or three women take the time to compliment my shoes. I don’t know if women do this with each other, or if this is just the way women strike up conversations with cross dressers.

I don’t know why, but I just felt exhausted and had no desire to go anywhere, so I just washed up and called it a night. Trying to “be good” and loose weight, so all I ate all day was a smoothie for lunch and half a hamburger for dinner. Right now I’m STARVING! I have to keep reminding myself that if the women I see with nice figures have the will power to watch what they eat, then I should be able to do it to!
Did I mention that I’m starving?

No comments:

Post a Comment